Let’s face it. It is always wedding season in Vietnam. There is always something going on in those wedding banquet halls aka money-making-machines.
Besides the lovely faux flower decorations and the lucky red carpet, my eyes are constantly averted to the outfits people are wearing. It’s a shame, because I don’t notice nice outfits enough – but I remember the bad ones for a long time.
Things to avoid judging eyes (and you really shouldn’t take attention away from the bride), keep these helpful hints in mind:
– No jeans, or anything too casual like t-shirts or sneakers
– No shiny polyester fabrics (it’s so 90’s!)- shiny brocade or 100% silks are okay
– No short skirts (you can learn how to measure you skirts here)
– No low cut tops – you don’t want grandpa staring at your décolletage!
– If you would wear the outfit to a bar or club, pick something else
– If you would wear the outfit to the office, don’t wear it unless you add accessories, a clutch and great shoes
– No big office bags
Most importantly, remember it is a big day for the people getting married and their families. They are all celebrating a huge step in their lives and have invited you to join. Show respect and look your best!