Guacamole is one of my favorite appetizers or snacks. Maybe I use eating guacamole as an excuse to eat more tortilla chips than I should, but it’s a pretty good excuse.
It should be semi-common knowledge that avocados are good for you. The reason why is because avocados are full of monosaturated fats. This kind of fat nourishes the skin, hair and nails. Monosaturated fats and magnesium in the avocados help to keep the bones and immune system strong.
Nothing is mostrendier than being a healthy person with great, shiny hair!
You will need:
– 2 avocados
– 5 grape tomatos or 1 small tomato
– 1 onion
– a few sprigs of cilantro
– 1 lime
– salt and pepper
To prepare: (makes 1 medium sized bowl, enough for 2-3 people)
– Wash and cut the avocados in half. Take out the seed and slice the avocados inside the skin in a hashtag pattern. Use a spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin, into a bowl.
– Dice the tomatoes into small pieces. Set them aside.
– Dice the onion into small pieces (the same size as the tomato pieces). You will only need half as many onions as you have tomatoes.
– Wash the cilantro well and finely chop the cilantro until you have equal parts cilantro and onion.
– Combine the avocados, tomatoes, onions and cilantro into a bowl. Cut the lime and squeeze it into the mixture. Salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind that tortilla chips are already salty. I usually try the guacamole with a chip to determine how much salt to add. You can also eat the guacamole with other foods like tacos or in a salad.